This is no longer needed as troops can now carry out tests themselves.
Trials have included:
- Installation of field guns on small sea going craft
- Submersible tanks (in conjunction with the Army, Ordanance Department and the Navy)
- Launching assault boats from transports
- Construction of landing bridges on shore
- Loading and unloading trials of modified barges
Ramp design and the beaching of unpowered barges posed particular problems.
The results of these trials were documented in memoranda and regulations submitted to the armed forces assigned to the landing operation.
Formerly known as Versuchsstab R (Trials Staff R).